URGENT! TAKE ACTION!
Mike Lambrix of Florida is scheduled to be executed
Thursday, October 5th at 6:00PM.
He has been on Death Row for 33 years.
- Mike’s only clemency hearing was 30 years ago
- Mike has a case for innocence and maintains he acted in self-defense
- He twice refused offers to plead guilty in exchange for a prison sentence - had he done so he would have been freed years ago
- Key witness testimony has now been tainted or recanted
- The purpose of a Clemency Board is to intervene in cases like this where the courts are restricted due to “procedural bar” on allowing a hearing on his evidence of self-defense and other late-discovered evidence of innocence
- His jury votes for death were not unanimous. This sentencing scheme has since been ruled unconstitutional and is now unlawful
- Mike is an honorably discharged, disabled Army veteran.
Governor Rick Scott
400 S. Monroe St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399
Phone: 850-488-7146 (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm ET)
When you call or write, please be sure to give your name and where you live. If you are not a Floridian, provide a connection (i.e., visit Florida, have friends/family there, want to move there someday, etc). The staffer answering phones will be very nice and courteous. They won't question or challenge you. They simply record the issues that people are calling for and make a tally to give to the Governor.
That's why it is so important for your view to be known. You can simply say: "Please urge Governor Scott to halt the execution of Michael Lambrix and grant him a new clemency hearing." If you like you can add any of the reasons listed above.
Please share this message with others. Only with your help can the work be done and progress made.
Sent by: Mark Elliott
Executive Director Floridians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty
Floridians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty fadp.org
Floridians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty works for restorative justice in the form of effective alternatives to the death penalty.
FADP is a non-profit and non-partisan Florida organization of individuals and groups united to abolish the Death Penalty in Florida.